I know it is hard to see, but the two specks on the stage are Steve Turner, the president of Northeastern State University, and I. I made a commitment to better myself and to further my vision. I am honored to represent my fellow students as a Hall of Fame inductee and as an Academic Achievement Award recipient! I cannot wait to see what comes next!
One year ago today I was in Brazil on the Amazon River enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with friends from the ship. I tried to send the picture above to my family however, wifi was a bit restricted. As much as I enjoyed myself I cannot be happier to be with my family today. I have so much to be thankful for!!! This is a very limited list of my favorite things.
1. Family and friends
2. Health and the health and well-being of my family
3. Opportunity to pursue a degree in dietetics
4. My job (including but not limited to my relationships at work)
5. America (freedom and protection)
6. Semester at Sea experience (this made me a better person)
7. Miss Oklahoma Organizations and local pageant directors
8. My partnership with the American Diabetes Association (great opportunity to promote health education)